Mike Daniel ’85 Helps Oklahoma Alpha Stay Competitive with Gift to Capital Campaign Read more.
Sigma Phi Epsilon
Sigma Phi Epsilon was founded on November 1, 1901 at Richmond College (now the University of Richmond) and its national headquarters remains in Richmond, Virginia. It was founded on three principles: Virtue, Diligence, and Brotherly Love. It is the largest social fraternity in the United States in terms of current undergraduate membership, the fourth largest in terms of total members initiated, and has the highest first year retention rate of 92%.
Sigma Phi Epsilon can claim many innovations and achievements in the world of national fraternities. SigEp was first:
- To charter a chapter in all 50 states.
- To provide financial assistance to brothers for graduate school through the Resident Scholar program.
- To establish a housing trust for all chapters and create a National Housing Corporation.
- To receive a grant from the federal Department of Education to enhance member development programs.
- To establish a traveling staff to assist chapters in effective operations.
- Fraternity whose Educational Foundation built an endowment greater than $15 million.
- First national fraternity to partner with the White House’s Office of National Drug Control Policy.